The Victorian Energy Upgrades program (VEU program) is an initiative to slash energy bills by providing energy-efficient products. The program is devoted to the diminishment of greenhouse gas emissions. The program encourages people to install energy-efficient products such as LED bulbs and tubes as they consume less energy.
Modernization of the electric industry is one of the federal government’s main initiatives and we should embrace this with open arms.
The upgrade process is done by Accredited Provider (AP) and their representatives in residential and commercial premises to reduce power consumption. APs create Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs) for each upgrade. Market activity determines the price of certificates and the amount of incentive or discount a business or household will receive on an energy upgrade.
The VEU program is administrated by the Essential Services Commission (ESC), which is an independent regulator of retail energy.
Victorian Government Energy Efficiency Targets
Why upgrade to LEDs under the VEU program?
• Free and discounted LED products are installed under the program
• The program helps in greenhouse gas emission reduction
• All the upgrades are done by A-Grade electricians across the state
• Get high quality LED products installed for free
• Get away from future power price hikes
How does the Victorian Energy Upgrades program work?
• Installer assess your premises and suggest LED products for the installation
• Installation is done by an A-grade electrician/installer
• Once the upgrade process is complete, the Accredited Provider (AP) generates Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs) for the LED upgrade
• Old lighting bulbs/products are collected and safely disposed of
• You start saving
What do we offer under the VEU program?
We are Accredited Provider (AP) under the Victorian Energy Upgrades program. The program provides energy upgrades for every eligible household and business in Victoria. We help Victorian households and businesses switch to LEDs and save thousands of dollars per year on their lighting cost. We replace old lights such as globes/incandescent bulbs, CFLs, and halogen downlights with LED lights for free in households. If you are a resident of Victoria and using old lights, you are certainly eligible for the upgrade.